Police Online Crime Reporting
Thank you for using our ONLINE offense and incident reporting system. You may file an official St. Joseph Police Department Offense/Incident Report with this system. Before you begin, please read the following:
If you are reporting an EMERGENCY, or the crime you want to report is HAPPENING NOW, DO NOT use this form to report it; instead dial 9-1-1 or (816) 271-4777 on your telephone. This online system is not monitored continuously.
If you have already made a report with an Officer in person, DO NOT make an additional report here.
Due to investigative procedures, you may use the online crime or online crash reporting system to report ONLY the following types of incidents:
- Harassment/Threats by Phone etc. - Someone without good cause, causes you emotional distress
- Identity Theft - Someone used your private identity for financial gain
- Theft/Shoplifting - Someone stole something from you
- Trespassing - Entering or Remaining on property you own
- Unlawful Use of a Credit/Debit Card - Someone used your credit card without permission
- Vandalism / Property Damage - Someone INTENTIONALLY damaged your property (not vehicle crash)
- Vehicle Crash Report - UNINTENTIONAL situation involving at least one motor vehicle in transport where property was damaged (not vandalism).
- Child Custody Dispute Report
DO NOT USE this system if:
- The incident DID NOT occur within the city limits of St. Joseph MO.
- There was injury to a person (unless making crash report and injury was minor).
- The incident involved other crimes not listed above.
NOTE: To process your report, we will require an Email address to verify authenticity and to send you a Case Number for further processing. If the Email address you are using is different than the Email address on the report, we will send confirmation and follow-up information to the Email address listed on the report.
Your incident must have occurred within the City of St. Joseph. If you are unsure if the incident is within the City limits, view a City map for reference.
Our online reporting system does not have the ability to screen your reports to make sure they fit into one of the above criteria. If your report does not fit the above listed criteria, it will be rejected when it is reviewed by police personnel and you will be notified by email. This will cause a significant delay in the reporting of the crime.
Legal Disclaimer - Please Read
You are about to enter an official site of the St. Joseph Police Department. The information that you enter in this site is of an official nature, and will be routed automatically to the St. Joseph Police Department Records Division. By submitting information through this site, you are making the following representation:
UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY, I DECLARE THAT THIS REPORT AND THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS TRUE, CORRECT, AND COMPLETE TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE AND BELIEF. I FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY INTENTIONAL FALSE STATEMENT, MISSTATEMENT, OR INACCURACY MAY BE A VIOLATION OF MISSOURI STATUTE SECTION 575.080.
You will be asked to provide specific information on the crime. To properly process your report, you must fill out all required information correctly and completely. If you do not have all the required information, you will not be able to complete this process. Required information is indicated by an asterisk.
After your online report has been received by the Police Department, a case number will be assigned and emailed back to the victim. The Police Department may contact you to verify the information.
Any information you send is secure and encrypted.
To start, select the type of incident you need to report below: