FAQ module icon

Frequently Asked Questions

The material in this question and answer series is for your information only. It is not legal advice and is not designed to be used in place of legal advice. You should consult your own attorney for legal advice. The St. Joseph Legal Department provides this series to provide a general summary of procedures concerning violations of city ordinances in the City of St. Joseph, Missouri. It is issued to inform generally, not to advise of specific rights. As with any general information, the answers given here may not specifically apply to you.
My road is mess, how come it is not being resurfaced and you've resurfaced this other road twice?
The City has a resurfacing program. The streets are rated according to their condition, type, use, and several other factors by the Street Dept., then the list is turned over to the Engineering Division who evaluates the money available that year with how many of the streets can be resurfaced. The streets at the top of the list are given priority as it is assumed that they are in the worst condition. There are times however, when a street has been given a rating in error and should have been on a resurfacing list sooner. If you feel that your street is in need of resurfacing, you may contact the Street Dept. and they will give you your street rating and when it is potentially scheduled for resurfacing. If that is too far in the future, you may request an inspection to possibly rerate your street.

Show All Answers

1. Where is the sewer line for my property?
2. Where is the right-of-way at my address/for my street/alley?
3. Where is the road located in the right-of-way?
4. I'm on septic, how can I get connected to the City sewer?
5. My road is mess, how come it is not being resurfaced and you've resurfaced this other road twice?
6. I seem to have a hole/depression in my yard, can you tell me what it is from?
7. I am having a drainage/mud problem from my neighbor's/commercial business?
8. The street is draining rain water onto my property, what can I do about that?