City Landfill / Recycling Center
The purpose of this program
is to operate the St. Joseph Sanitary Landfill in the most cost-effective
manner possible for optimum protection of public health and environment.
Landfill personnel operate and maintain the solid waste disposal facility.
Operations include disposal of solid waste, white goods and tires,
recycling and composting of yard waste, as well as; maintenance and
construction on three closed landfills.
MEMORIAL DAY SCHEDULE
Monday, May 27, 2013
- LANDFILL will be CLOSED all day.
- RECYCLING CENTER will be CLOSED all day.
- 7 am to 4:30 pm, Monday thru Friday
- 7 am to 2 pm on Saturday.
The St. Joseph City Landfill is located
at 9431 50th Road S. E. , about 2.5 miles from the southeast edge of St. Joseph.
Household Hazardous Waste Collection
The RECYCLING CENTER recently moved to its new home at 3405 S. Belt.
- They accept office paper, cardboard, magazines and slicks, tin cans, aluminum cans, and clear and brown glass.
- They also accept #1 and # 2 plastics with screw on lids that need to be removed.
- The operation is open Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 7:30am until 6:00pm.
- For more information you can contact the center at 232-4401.
From I-29 – East on Highway 169 to FF Highway. Turn right on FF and proceed 3 miles south to Highway O. Turn right on O and follow it to the first road on the left which enters the landfill.
From Belt Hwy – Go down to the south end of the Belt Hwy – Where it
changes to 169 Hwy on the right hand side is A Hwy- Proceed on A Hwy for 2
miles – Take a left onto O Hwy for 1 mile – After you pass over the I-29
bridge take the first right.
FLUORESCENT LIGHT BULB DISPOSAL INFORMATION:
Links to visit:
Missouri Department of Natural Resources
Solid Waste Association of North
Missouri Recycling Association