Health Clinic Services
City of St. Joseph
Health Department Clinic Services are
located on the 1st floor of the Patee Market Health Center at 904 S
10th Street. The main clinic number is 816-271-4725. Services are free
unless otherwise noted.
- Infant, child and adult immunizations.
- Immunization outreach clinics in the public, private and parochial schools.
- Annual free public flu vaccine clinics.
- Child Nurse Consultation Program.
Health department nurses provide on-site visits to child care providers
to assess health and safety issues; provide staff training and promote good
health and safety practices in children by presenting entertaining and
inter-active health-based programs for the children.
- TB (tuberculosis) testing and treatment.
TB testing is free for all known contacts of an active case of TB. Anyone
needing TB medication can receive the medicine free through the health
clinic. Monthly health assessments are done by staff to monitor the patients
progress while they are on the medicine. Regular communication with the
patients physician is maintained while the patient is receiving drug
TB testing for employment or for medical history without a known exposure
to an active case has a $5.00 charge.
- Pregnancy testing costs $5.00 as of July 1, 2011.
Prenatal case management offered to females who
qualify for the service. The prenatal case managers provide supportive
services for the client as well as information regarding the pregnancy and
post-delivery period. The nurses serve as resource and referral guides for
additional services that could be of benefit to the client.
- Sexually transmitted disease testing, treatment and counseling .
Staff nurses provide free exams and medication for treatment as needed. Exams done
by appointment. Walk-ins done as the schedule allows.
- Community Health Services programs include help through staff HIV/AIDS case managers for medications,
food and nutrition assistance, housing, utility assistance, transportation,
wellness education and social activities.
screenings are done free by request on children up to age 6
years. Home environmental lead testing is done at no charge. The
nurse provides one-on-one and community education about the dangers
of lead poisoning and how to prevent it and what to do to clean
up a lead contaminated environment. Screenings done by appointment.
Walk-ins done as the schedule allows.
- Blood pressure checks are provided free. Regular blood pressure
monitoring is done free of charge with the results reported to the
- Free head lice checks for children and adults.
- Communicable disease follow-up on all communicable
and contagious diseases. Prevention activities
promoted through one-on-one and community
education programs. Health department
staff serve as resource and referral sources
for the prevention, containment and control
of communicable and contagious diseases
for health care professionals and the
community at large.
- Health department staff participates in health fairs and other outreach
activities by request. The health department also schedules health and
safety promotional activities throughout the year at various locations.
These are free to the public.
- The health department maintains a staff speakers bureau that offers all
manner of health education programs . There is no charge for this service to